Sarasota International Cricket Club will be hosting the 2019 Shiv Chanderpaul 10-Over Softball Cricket Expo on May 25 and 26th th .
We will be using two fields at our ground at 7401 University Parkway, Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota), Fl 34202.
- West Coast Cricket Club
- Caribbean Cricket Club
- United Cricket Club
- Ocala Mafia
- South Florida Master’s Cricket Club
- Diamond Cricket Club
- Untouchables Cricket Club
Highlights from previous Softball Tournament
Play shall be governed by THE LAWS OF CRICKET and by these playing conditions:
Division Games, Semi-Finals and Finals
- Seven teams shall compete in one division, with each team playing each other in the division once.
- Two points shall be awarded for a win and one for a tie. In the event of a tie in the points standing, Net Run Rate (NRR) will be used. Players must play at least one game in the preliminary rounds, in order to qualify to play in the playoffs. In an effort to save time, and if the standings towards the end of the preliminary round indicates the top four teams are clear winners to advance to the playoffs, then we reserve the right to eliminate/move matches to an earlier time if possible.
- Teams shall consist of eleven players. Players can only play for one team. A substitute is permitted only if it is to replace a player injured during the course of the match.
- The matches will be ten (6 ball) overs per inning.
- The wicket keeper is allowed to bowl.
- Only a 5/4 field placing is allowed on either side of the wicket.
- Bowlers will only be allowed to bowl 2 overs per innings.
- No PELTING is allowed, this refers to bending of the elbow.
- A Batsman will retire at 35 runs. Retired batsmen may bat again, in order of retirement, if the rest of the batting side is dismissed.
- Wide and No Balls shall result in a penalty of TWO runs to the batting side.
- A full pitch ball above the batsman’s head in his normal stance shall be called a NO BALL
- A ball bouncing above the batsman’s head in his normal stance shall be called a WIDE.
- There will be no LBW decisions.
- There will be NO FREE HITS or POWER PLAY OVERS.
- Any disputes shall be decided by the tournament referee whose decision is FINAL.
- Each team will be allowed 30 minutes to complete bowling the allotted ten overs.
- It is very important to complete the overs in the specified time. Please remember TIME IS OFTHE ESSENCE.
- Teams must be at the clubhouse for the coin toss 20 minutes before the start of their match.
- Teams must take the field immediately following the finish of the preceding game.
- Failure to be present for the start of your game will result in forfeiture of points to the opposing team.